Below are several resources that provide support for undocumented students and students who have been granted DACA. We welcome suggestions for additional resources. Please email Ireri Rivas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago Legal Clinic: Provides legal assistance in adjustment of status, DACA, asylum applications, and naturalization.
- Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights: Equips migrants with resources regarding healthcare access, education initiatives, language assistance, policy changes, and rights awareness.
- The Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling and their College Advising Guide for Undocumented Students: Advises undocumented students on obtaining financial aid, communicating with college admissions and navigating the system of higher education as a parent or student.
- Visit the City of Chicago's website to learn more about volunteer and intership opportunities for undocumented students.
- Educators for Fair Consideration: Connects undocumented students to legal services, leadership trainings, mental health support, and resource guides for navigating multiple spheres
- Migration Policy Institute: Provides to date migration policy research on the national and global level
- National Immigrant Justice Center: Provides comprehensive legal services and legal trainings to refugee, asylum seeking, and undocumented individuals.
- National Immigration Law Center: Information on legal rights, education, economic support, news releases, and training opportunities.
- United We Dream: Empowers immigrant youth through various justice initiatives, undocumented toolkits, research, and fellowships
- Resource Guide: Supporting Undocumented Youth. A guide for Success in Secondary and Postsecondary Settings. U.S. Department of Education: Information on scholarships, school counselors, financial aid eligibility, and legal guidelines
- My Undocumented Life: A blog led by undocumented students providing advice on scholarships, applications for higher education, news, and personal accounts.
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Resources
- USCIS Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): Up to date DACA changes as well as information on filing, fee exeptions, and renewals
- USCIS FAQs for DACA
- DACA Renewal Information
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Tool Kit: Resources for Community Partners